Roswell, GA

Woodstock, GA

1 678 534 3824

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Professional Definitions

* A Certified Professional Counselor Supervisor (CPCS) is a Licensed Professional Counselor with over three years experience post licensure and specialized training in supervision, counselor evaluation and ethical dilemmas in supervision.  They offer supervision services for hire for students in graduate programs or those pursuing their Professional Counseling License.

*A Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)  or Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) is a trained, mental health professional who has met educational and training requirements, including at least a Master’s degree, years of supervised professional clinical experience and successful completion of a state examination for licensure as LPC or LCPC. 

*A Licensed Associate Professional Counselor (LAPC) is a mental health professional who has met the educational requirements, including at least a Master's degree, and successful completion of the state examination for licensure, and is completing the directed experience and supervision hours as required for the LPC.

*A National Certified Counselor (NCC) is a therapist who has received certification from the NBCC (National Board of Certified Counselors) indicating that the therapist has met the national standards set by the counseling profession. NBCC is the largest national counselor certification program in the world.

* A Marriage and Family Intern is a therapist who has completed their graduate degree and all related practicums.  They are currently in the process of completing the Licensure Exams to gain Associate Licensure status.

*A Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) is a relationship specialist who treats persons involved in interpersonal relationships. They are trained to assess, diagnose and treat individuals, couples, families and groups to achieve more adequate, satisfying and productive marriage, family and social adjustment. The practice also includes premarital counseling, child counseling, divorce or separation counseling and other relationship counseling.

*Master of Arts (MA); Master of Education (M.Ed); Master of Science (MS); Master of Social Work (MSW) is a graduate level degree which may be research-based, course-based, or a combination of the two and beyond the Bachelor's level.





Back to top